Welcome (and a triangle experiment)


Hello, welcome to my very first blog! 

Here I will post about bookmaking/ junk journal making experiments.  I am one of those people who as soon as they learn to make something starts messing around with the directions, before mastering the original.  Sometimes the experiment works.  Sometimes it's a complete disaster.

Today's experiment is a closure for a triangle accordion book I learned from a Pyramid Atlantic Zoom class with Nathalie Ryan.  The closure taught was less that great.  I was playing around with make a new book when I remembered I have triangle eyelets.  Various ribbon lacing configurations later this is what I came up with.  I like it- it keeps the book closed but still allows access to both sides of the accordion. However I suggest putting in the eyelets, then decorating the covers, and then gluing in the text block.  In other words, the opposite order than how I did it.






I created this blog mostly so I have one place to put photos and notes on the experiments, and possibly share if anyone expresses interest.  I think it will be mostly book arts but with some crochet thrown in, and perhaps what else I experiment with.


If you find this blog, please let a comment so I know someone found this blog.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Butterfly tags- Jenniebellie August 2022 art swap

Mail art